Kingmaker in Eberron
A recognized ‘breed’ of human that comes from a mountainous region of Sarlona called Adar, some of these humans have made their home across Khorvaire in scarce communities.
Personality: Kalashtar are generally warm and compassionate, but their manners and ways of thinking are alien to most of Khorvaire. More interested in the mind than in religion, Kalashtar often discuss the importance of esoteric terms such as “matter”, “kinetics,” and “ectoplasm.”
Physical Description: Kalashtar seem to have a grace and elegance that makes them seem almost too beautiful. They are slightly taller than the average human, and their faces have a slight angularity that sets them apart from the human norm, but these deviations only make them seem more attractive.
Relations: Kalashtar are born diplomats and relate fairly well to individuals of all races—except the Inspired of Sarlona. They relate best to humans, but some Kalashtar find themselves strongly drawn to other races instead.
Dragonmarks: Kalashtar never possess dragonmarks.
Religion: Kalashtar do not follow gods, but they have their own religion, called the Path of Light. The center of this belief system is a universal force of positive energy the kalashtar call il-Yannah, or “the Great Light.” Through meditation and communion with this force, the kalashtar seek to strengthen their bodies and minds for the struggle against the forces of darkness. Though il-Yannah is not a deity, its few clerics draw power from the Path of Light. A greater number of devout followers of the Path are Bards and Sorcerers.
Languages: Kalashtar speak Quor and the common tongue of the country they live in (Khorvaire or Adar).
Names: Kalashtar names have much in common with the name of their people. They are three to five syllables long, with a combination of hard and hissing consonants. Male names end with one of the masculine name suffices –harath, -khad, -melk, or –tash. Female names use the feminine suffixes –kashtai, -shana, -tari, or –vakri.
Male Names: Halkhad, Kanatash, Lanamelk, Minharath, Nevitash, Parmelk, Thakakhad, Thinhareth.
Female Names: Ganitari, Khashana, Lakahtari, Mevakri, Novakri, Panitari, Thakashtai, Thatari.
- Dual Spirit: Due to the dual nature of mind and body, a Kalashtar can choose either +2 to one ability score of its choice or a Bonus Feat at 1st level. Once this decision is made it cannot be changed.
- Strong Willed: Kalashtar have a +2 racial bonus against mind-affecting spells, abilities.
- Dreamless: Kalashtar are immune to any effect that relies on the targets ability to dream.
- People Person: Kalashtar get a +2 bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate.
- Psi-like abilities: Mindlink – You forge a telepathic bond with another creature within close range (25 feet + 5/2 levels). You can communicate telepathically through the bond even if you do not share a common language. No special power or influence is established as a result of the bond. Once the bond is formed it works over any distance (although not from one plane to another). The Duration is 10 min/lvl, with the manifester level equaling the Kalashtar’s character level. In addition for every level the Kalashtar is above 1st, he can affect an additional target with a Mindlink. This power is at will.
Alternate Racial Traits
- Telekinetic: A Kalashtar with this trait possesses a natural psionic talent for manipulating objects rather than minds. The Kalashtar can use mage hand at will as a spell-like ability with the caster level equal to the Kalashtar’s character level. In addition, the Kalashtar adds his character level as additional pounds that can be lifted or manipulated with mage hand. This racial trait replaces Mindlink
- Dual-Minded: A Kalashtar with this trait does not have the talent of other members of his race to interact with others. However they do have an eye for scrutinizing others and learning about their foes. Kalashtar with this racial trait gain a +2 bonus on Perception, Sense Motive, and one Knowledge skill of their choice. This trait replaces People Person.
- Dreamwalker: The rarest trait among Kalashtar, those born with this ability are called Dreamwalkers. This ability allows the Kalashtar to use Dream as a spell-like ability once a day (but only able to target themselves), with the caster level equal to the kalashtar’s character level. Kalashtar with this trait lose the Dreamless ability, and must sleep eight hours a night like normal humans. In addition Kalashtar with this trait must tread more carefully than others. (>:3)