Kingmaker in Eberron
Half-orcs are rare on Khorvaire, since humans and orcs have never lived in particularly close proximity. In the small, scattered human communities in the Shadow Marches, however, half-orcs are more common, and they can also be found in the western parts of the Eldeen Reaches and Droaam. The orcs of the Shadow Marches live much as the humans do: It is a rustic life, to be sure, but a far cry from their existence as ruthless barbarian hordes in the distant past. Half-orcs are just as civilized as the humans of the region, and often look almost human despite their size and strength.
Half-orc Lands: Half-orcs do not have lands of their own, but live in both human and orc communities in the Shadow Marches, the Eldeen Reaches, and Droaam. Some have even found a place among the other nations of Khorvaire, especially in the larger towns and cities.
Dragonmarks: House Tharashk is made up of half-orcs and humans, and it carries the Mark of Finding. The house’s business focuses on investigation and prospecting for dragonshards.
- +2 to one ability score of their choice.
- Darkvision: Half-orcs can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Intimidating: Half-orcs receive a +2 racial bonus on Intimidate skill checks due to their fearsome nature.
- Weapon Familiarity: Half-orcs are proficient with greataxes, and falchions, and treat any weapon with the word “orc” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Orc Ferocity: Once per day, when a half-orc is brought below 0 hit points, but not killed, he can fight on for one more round as if disabled. At the end of his next turn, unless brought above 0 hit points, he immediately falls unconscious and begins dying.
- Orc Blood: Half-orcs count as both humans and orcs for any effect related to race.
- Languages: Half-orcs begin play speaking Common and Orc.
Alternate Racial Traits
- Warden of Nature: Half-orcs with this racial trait grew up facing the abominations that live deep beneath the surface. They receive a +2 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the aberration type and a +1 bonus on attack rolls against them because of their special training. This racial trait replaces the Intimidating racial trait.
- Tharashk Blood: The orc blood of some half-orcs manifests in the form of particularly prominent orc features, exacerbating their bestial appearances but improving their already keen senses. They gain a +2 bonus on Perception checks as well as a +2 bonus on Survival checks to Track. This racial trait replaces the Orc Ferocity racial trait.
- Marsh Strider: Half-orcs from the shadow marches are excellent at traversing marshy difficult terrain and gain a +1 bonus on Acrobatics and Climb checks. This racial trait replaces the Intimidating trait.